OUR WORK WHAT WE DO
Through sound science and partnerships, TennGreen Land Conservancy identifies and conserves land across Tennessee for wildlife corridors, critical habitat, and public benefit. TennGreen protects, cares for, and connects people with Tennessee’s natural world by providing meaningful outdoor experiences, establishing conservation easements, supporting restoration efforts, and acquiring (or assisting in the acquisition of) privately-held land.
WHY? THE TIME IS NOW
CONSERVING TENNESSEE’S BEAUTY
Tennessee is known for its extraordinary beauty from the mighty Mississippi to the Great Smoky Mountains. Our rich forests, farms, and wetlands are not only our home but also home to a vast diversity of fish and wildlife. Tennessee is experiencing extreme human development pressure, and every missed opportunity to protect our unique lands is an irreversible loss to our future. We must act swiftly and smartly to protect the places that provide us all well-being and an unrivaled quality of life.
WHERE WE WORK
Our conservation efforts are statewide, and sometimes beyond, to protect important land and resources for generations of people and wildlife.
OUR PRIORITY AREAS
Large connected natural areas
Areas of critical habitat
Wetlands and lands along rivers and streams
Land for public recreation and open space
HONORS AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- 2022 Frist Foundation Revenue Development Award Winner
- 2021 Nashville Business Journal, ‘Best Places to Work’ Honoree
- 2021 Land Trust Accreditation Commission, Accreditation Certification
- 2019 U.S. Forest Service International Programs and Environment for the Americas, Wings Across the Americas (WATA) Habitat Conservation Partnership Award
- 2015 Land Trust Accreditation Commission, Accreditation Certification
- 2013 Tennessee Wildlife Federation, Land Conservation Organization of the Year
- 2010 Land Trust Accreditation Commission, Accreditation Certification
- 2003 Tennessee Conservation League & the National Wildlife Federation, Land Conservation Organization of the Year